Apple-Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 1 Hour
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 acorn squash (about 4” diameter)
- 8 seconds butter-flavor cooking oil spray
- 2 tablespoons sucralose no-calories sweetner
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium Fuji apples
- 2 tablespoons light butter
Cover raisins with warm water and soak for 20 minutes, then drain. While soaking, pre-heat oven to 375 °F.
Cut acorn squash into quarters and remove the seeds. Spray the inside of each squash quarter with one second of cooking oil spray.
Mix sweetner and cinnamon together. Sprinkle squash quarters with ½ of cinnamon mixture. Bake for 10 minutes. While baking, cut apples into quarters and remove the core. Chop apples into ½” pieces.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add apples, raisins and remaining cinnamon mixture. Mix well and remove from heat.
Take squash from the oven and top with equal amounts of apple mixture, making sure to scrape sauce pan well. Squash needs all the melted butter to stay moist as it bakes.
Return squash to the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes or until apples and squash are tender.