Orange-Spiced Sweet Potato Casserole
- 5 Large sweet potatoes, about 4 pounds
- 1/3 Cup fresh orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and DIVIDED
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar, DIVIDED
- 1 Teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
Wash and dry potatoes. Pierce potatoes in several places with a fork. Bake potatoes 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly. Peel potatoes and place in large mixing bowl. Mash potatoes.
Stir in orange juice, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, orange peel, cinnamon, cumin and salt; mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
Combine pecans, flour, remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1 tablespoon butter. Mix well. Sprinkle evenly over potatoes.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until hot throughout. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.