Turkey Noodle Soup
- Serves: 6
- 1 carcass from cooked/leftover turkey, skin removed and with 2 cups cooked turkey remaining on bones
- 7 cups cold water
- 5 poultry bouillon cubes
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup peeled and matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups cooked rotini pasta
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Remove cooked turkey from carcass, chop into bite-sized pieces and measure 2 cups. Cover and refrigerate.
Cut carcass in large pieces to fit into stockpot. In stockpot, bring water, carcass and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat, skim off any foam from top. Cover and simmer 1 hour. Remove and discard bones.
Add celery, carrots, and green onions to stock. Cook only until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add reserved cooked turkey, cooked pasta and pepper. Heat until hot throughout and serve.
Refrigerate leftovers immediately; dividing soup into smaller, shallow containers to allow for faster chilling.