- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Cup diced celery
- 1 Cup diced carrots
- 12 Ounces red skinned potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 Cups TURKEY STOCK
- 10 Ounces COOKED TURKEY, diced
- 2 Ounces sweet corn kernels
- To Taste salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 Cup light cream or table cream
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Gently saute the onion, celery, carrots and potatoes for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add red pepper and garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
Sprinkle flour onto vegetables and stir to blend well. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and gradually stir in the stock.
Return pan to heat and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add diced turkey and corn.
Add salt, pepper and thyme and continue to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until potatoes are cooked and turkey is piping hot.
Stir in cream and adjust seasonings.
Serve in warm soup bowls.