Turkey Giblet Broth
- 3 pounds turkey neck and giblets, (do not include liver)
- 1¼ cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 2 medium carrots, washed and coarsely chopped
- 3 stalks celery with leaves, washed and coarsely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley, washed
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 4 whole peppercorns
- 6 cups cold water
In large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, combine neck and giblets with all other ingredients. Bring to boil. Skim foam from top.
Reduce heat to low, cover saucepan and simmer mixture 1 to 2 hours. Remove bones and strain broth through fine sieve. Remove turkey meat from neck and chop neck meat, heart and gizzard into fine pieces.
Store giblets and stock in separate containers in refrigerator for up to 18 hours.
When the stock is chilled, fat will form on the top. Discard fat prior to using.