Roasted Mushrooms with Winter Vegetables
- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 12 ounces fresh white mushrooms, cleaned
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, cleaned
- 5 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), washed and peeled
- 2 medium onions (about 8 ounces), washed and peeled
- 12 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup olive oil, DIVIDED
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1½ teaspoons crushed dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Wash and trim white mushrooms. Wash shiitakes; remove and discard stems.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, then into ½-inch slices. Cut onions in ½-inch wedges. Cut garlic cloves in half.
In large bowl, combine oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Add mushrooms, sweet potatoes, onions and garlic; toss to coat.
In two shallow roasting pans, arrange vegetables in single layer.
Roast in preheated 425 °F oven, stirring once, until tender, about 25 minutes. (Mixture can be roasted in advance and refrigerated. Reheat in hot oven.)