Roasted Beet Salad
- Cook Time: 2 Hours
- 6 medium beets, trimmed and thoroughly washed
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach leaves, de-stemmed and washed
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Wrap beets individually in foil and place on rimmed baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until tender, about 1½ hours.
Let cool for 20 minutes, then peel beets by holding them under cold running water and rubbing off skins. Cut into 1/2-inch wedges, and place in large mixing bowl with onion.
Combine all dressing ingredients, taste using a clean spoon and adjust seasonings. Pour over beets and toss well. Cover and refrigerate.
30 minutes before serving, remove beets from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature. To serve, place spinach leaves in individual bowls or on large platter. Arrange beets on top and crumble goat cheese over.