Minnesota Wild Rice Dressing
- 4 Slices TURKEY BACON, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Cup onion, chopped
- 1 Cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 Pound mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- Package (4 ounces) wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 2 Cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 Pound TURKEY BREAKFAST SAUSAGE, cooked
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried sage
- freshly ground black pepper
In medium-size skillet, over medium heat, saute bacon until almost crisp. Add onion, celery and mushrooms; continue cooking until vegetables are tender.
In large bowl combine bacon mixture, wild rice, bread crumbs, cooked sausage, oregano and sage. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon dressing into lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish. Bake, covered, in a preheated 325 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes.