Thanksgiving Turkey Calzones
- Serves: 4
- 1 (8 ounce) tube refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 (2 ounce) slices oven-roasted turkey
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 4 ounces canned mushroom slices, well drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon leaves, washed and chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup dry plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup turkey gravy, heated to boiling
Preheat oven to 375 °F.
Separate crescent roll dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations together to seal. Press each to form 6x5-inch rectangle.
Top each rectangle to within ½ inch of edge with 1 slice turkey, 1 ounce grated cheese, 2 tablespoons sliced mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon.
Fold dough in half, forming a square; pinch edges to firmly seal. Dip each calzone in beaten egg, then coat with bread crumbs.
Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place calzones on prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Top calzones with hot turkey gravy, if desired, and serve.